Spyderco C35 "Q" Gallery
The C35 "Q" was conceived as an inexpensive promotional piece which companies could order with their logo cut into the
blade to sell, use as gifts, or offer as incentives. It was manufactured from 1996 to 1999 and, in that time, over 50 companies and groups
purchased them. Since the minimum order was somewhere around 50 pieces, some versions of the "Q" are quite rare. The most common version
combines Spyderco's own "Bug" logo with a black handle and serrated blade. Among other things the C35 is an interesting exercise in minimalism.
A single piece of bent wire serves as lockbar, lock spring, and lockbar pivot.It utilizes Spyderco's first implementation of the wire clip, and
the only one which simply plugs into holes in the FRN handle rather than being attached with one or more screws. The holes it can be plugged
into are located at all four corners, making the Q the first Spyderco to offer 4 way clip mounting and the only wire clipped model to date to
do so. The only fastener in the entire knife is the pivot screw. There were two generations of the handle. The early ones having a thicker,
more complex, shape while the later, flat style, added a cross pin to prevent overflexing of the wire lockbar.
Click a picture to see a larger view. | Or Here to Return to Paul's Home Page
Q WANT LIST - These are the Q's I'm looking for:
- Advertising Products Co. Inc. - "J D Edwards" in manuscript letters
- Anchorage Fire Dept.- cut-out/4-sided fireman's badge with cut-out flames
- Anchorage Fire Dept.- Police-style badge w/engraved Anchorage Fire Dept.
- Bever Zwerfsport - Profile of a beaver with block letters "BEVER"
- Bobs Gun Shop - Triangle, etched "Mens status, Tactics, Arms Dexteritum"
- Cabelas - Script letters for "Cabelas"
- Calahan Construction - Script letters "Calahan" in a cut-out format
- Calif. Registered Nurses Assn. - Cut out letters "CRNA"
- Carter Custom Weaponry - Profile "W" inside a large cutout "C" w/speeding bullet
- Crucible Steel (CPM) - Solid "C" with an "M" cut out of its center
- Club International des Collectionneurs de Couteaux Customs - Manuscript letters "CICCC"
- Denver Police Protection Agency - Engraved badge among 4 diagonal bars
- Ducks Unlimited - Mallard Cut-out profile with engraving
- Edwin A. Flak - Cut-out profile of 2 faces looking at each other
- Foxcross Farms - Stylized letters "Foxcross"
- H.L. Dalis - Lettered "H L Dalis"
- John Larkin Cofee Co.- Steaming coffee cup
- K.N. Telecom - Cut-out letters for "K N TELECOM"
- Kanga Company - Stylized letters "Kanga" among diagonal bars
- M.I. Overseas - block letters "MI" cut out of rectangular box
- Magnum Research - Cut-out of flying eagle w/cut-out letters "MRI"
- Messer Klotzi - "KLOTZI" in block letters among diagonal bars
- Metal Finishing Systems - block letters "MFS" inside a 3-D hexagon
- Neosho Industrial Supply - "NIS INC" in various size letters with a cloverleaf
- Northwest Bank - Cut-out "N" with engraved vertical bar "Northwest Banks"
- Platte Canyon Fire Dept.(Colo.) - Cut out of fireman spraying flames,"PCFD" engraved on hose
- Plaza Cutlery - Eagle in Flight, cut-out
- Potomac Electric Power Co.- Small case letters, "pepco" on diagonal bars
- Precision Graphics - Letter "G" inside much larger "P" among horizontal bars
- Prospector Outfitters - design #1 - "Alaska" in script letters
- Prospector Outfitters - design #2 - Profile of the state of Alaska
- Spyder Active Wear - spider-web design with no bug
- Theatrical Stage Employees Union - 5-sided Maltese Cross w/letters "IATSE"
- United Airlines - Letters UA used in United Airline's logo
- Venetia Mining (S. Africa) - Winged lion resting paw on diamond
- Viking International - Profile of the typical Viking horned helmet